Sous Chef - Sushi - Kuwait
Working under the Head Sushi Chef, the Sushi Chef’s job description entails both leadership responsibilities and hands-on culinary output. The Sushi Chef is a skilled and trained specialist with expert knowledge of their section, responsible for the daily production of the sushi station.
- To undertake the preparation and production of all food orders as required from the menu, ensuring the delivery of correct orders and appropriate presentation and quality for each service.
- To ensure the kitchen is open and closed at all times appropriate to the needs of the organization and in agreement with the Head Sushi Chef.
- To be responsible for the presentation, cleanliness, and hygiene of the Sushi station and your own person at all times, ensuring hygiene procedures are followed and undertaking cleaning duties in line with the cleaning rota, and as directed by the Head Sushi Chef.
- To ensure food safety and hygiene at all times, following correct procedures for the cleansing and preparation of all raw food, dating and rotating all products correctly, and checking quality and freshness of food prior to use.
- To ensure all storage areas, utensils and equipment are clean, tidy, and organized at all times.
- To implement adequate systems of stock and waste control as directed by the Head Sushi Chef.
- To be flexible and approachable in all working conditions to ensure a smooth operation between departments and meeting the needs of the operation.
- To monitor and record any wastage
- To develop positive working relationships within all the teams of the operation.
- To attend and contribute to training or meetings as required.
- To carry out any further duties as reasonably requested by the Head Sushi Chef and/or other senior management.
- Actively share ideas, opinions, and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- To ensure all sushi station colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and promotions.
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards.
- To follow all safety and sanitization polices when handing food and beverage.