Kitchen Manager - Swan Hotel - Live In Available - Alton, Hampshire
As a Kitchen Manager, you’ll make making sure everything in the kitchen runs smoothly during a busy service. You’ll know how to get the best out of your team by encouraging and supporting them to work well together, ensuring every dish served is of the highest standards.
There has never been a better time to join our evolving hotel company and be part of this incredible journey. We will provide our guests with a luxurious setting to unwind with a multi-year development plan to transform our properties into boutique design-led hotels, with a fresh and local approach to dining.
We have a fantastic future ahead of us, but we need to recruit even more exceptional individuals to our team. There is an opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career with our hotels, allowing us both to expand and flourish. Join us on this thrilling adventure by coming along!
We’re all about rewarding our team's hard work, that’s why…
You’ll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands – as one of the industry's top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands – so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Free employee assistance program – mental health, well-being, financial, and legal support because you matter!
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. – so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank.
- Refer a friend – who do you know who could be interested in a new role? When they are placed, you could earn up to £1,000 for referring them!
- Wage Stream – access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts – receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more…
As a Kitchen Manager, you will…
Take the reins in the kitchen, whether you are making decisions or coming up with fresh ways to help the team run better together.
Communicate clearly with your team in order to provide high-quality meals to customers on time.
Recognise and lead the team as a whole, understanding how to maximise their potential.
Maintain hygiene levels and safety regulations in the kitchen to help to guarantee the care of your entire team and visitors.
What you’ll bring to the kitchen:
Experience managing a busy kitchen, training and developing a high performing team who constantly exceed targets
Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen and getting the best of your team around you.
A keen eye for delivering tasty and well-presented meals to customers each and every time
Skill and willingness to take on and adapt to challenges whilst working in a busy kitchen.