Cycle Technician - Evans Cycles - Dunstable
We've come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then, we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA - we're still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operates on a global scale.
Through previous industry experience or a pure passion for cycling, you will support the daily workload of our workshops, ensuring scheduled services are booked and completed and customers new bikes are built and ready for collection.
The role doesn't stop there though, we ask all Evans colleagues to engage with our customers and support them from buying their first bike, right up to elite cyclists that drop in for a high end purchase.
As a Cycling Technician, you will enjoy the balance of mixing your mechanic skills and retail operations together.
- Understand how to check, assemble and correctly build bikes, undertake repairs and all levels of service
- Manage the booking process for services and repairs
- Consistently meet agreed build and servicing targets
- Complete safety checks and fit accessories
- Advise and recommend products and services to suit customer need and budget
- Use skills and knowledge to drive workshop KPI's
- Ability to drive sales through excellent service
We've got a lot to offer..
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Commission led bonuses across a wide range of products
- Monthly Group Rewards and Recognition
- Join the Fearless1000 Incentive Scheme watch THIS video to find out more
- We offer a wide range of Development Courses with National Qualifications
- 40% Instore Uniform Discount
- Discounted Gym membership
- Group Wide 20% Discount across all Fascia.
- Ride-To-Work Scheme (Eligibility subject to terms and conditions)