Kitchen Porter - Brighton, East Sussex
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our team at The Salt Room.
Boasting uninterrupted views of Brighton seafront and the iconic West Pier ruins, The Salt Room is a modern British seafood restaurant that celebrates cooking over fire.
We take pride in sourcing local ingredients — concentrating on sustainability — to produce a menu of mouth-watering dishes. Using the same techniques as our sister restaurants; The Coal Shed & Burnt Orange, we cook the freshest shellfish and meat over charcoal, ensuring a dining experience to remember.
The same seasonality and innovation that is applied to the menu finds its way into the cocktails, with a selection of drinks changing through the year and with a hint of earthy herbs and sea spices sprinkled throughout.
As a kitchen Porter you will be a vital member of the kitchen team, supporting them to deliver dishes made with quality food and products, from fresh, using local products, prepared with skill and passion. You will be working as part of a diverse, inclusive and supportive team to deliver the highest standards
Our Kitchen Porter
- Are self-motivated natural team player that thrives under pressure.
- Keen to thrive in the busy kitchen environment
- Maintain a professional manner while under pressure
- Ensure Health & Safety rules and regulations are followed
- Are eligible to work full-time in the UK
In return we offer a truly competitive pay package, a great professional environment, fantastic training, and the chance to grow and develop your career, plus access to an array of benefits.
As a Kitchen Porter you will enjoy these benefits:
- A truly competitive pay package
- Free food and drinks when working
- Team incentives, trips and rewards
- Treat yourself, family and friends to 50% discount in any of our restaurants
- Book your birthday off – guaranteed
- An additional day’s holiday every year for the first five years
- We reward Refer a Friend
- Access to our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours
By joining The Salt Room, you will become part of one of the leading restaurants groups. At Blackrock Restaurant Group we pride ourselves recruiting strong passionate individuals that thrive working in hospitality and being part of an established team. Great progression opportunities available across the group to any future stars from all departments. If you want to be part of something special then come and be part of the friendliest team in town, we would love to hear from you.