This job has expired

Work in the USA

USD $2000 + Accommodation and food are also included
Closing date
26 Jun 2023

Job Details

Work in the USA

So, what did you do with your uni summer?
Not much. Worked as a lifeguard on Catalina Island, spent the weekends surfing in the O.C. and then roadtripped afterwards along the West Coast with my new workmates. Just a pretty average summer on BUNAC’s Work USA program, then!

If you’re 18-30 and a student, then America needs you. Ordinary jobs in extraordinary locations, we provide the pre-arranged job, sponsorship and visa assistance you need to spend your summer Stateside. Earn money, get international job experience and have the summer of your life.

The job bit

Our Work USA program is designed to do seasonal work in sectors such as hospitality, tourism or retail. Think typical all-American summer jobs working as a lifeguard, server, bartender, spa attendant or groundskeeper in country clubs, hotels and restaurants.

Our summer employers need staff for a reason – they’re located in the most popular tourist spots around America. Live and work where the tourists pay to go – amongst the yacht-filled waters of Cape Cod, skyscrapers of New York and sun-soaked sands of California.

It’s a condition of your visa to have a pre-arranged job before you go, so once you’re booked onto our Work USA program, you’ll get access to hundreds of job postings around the States for employers looking to take on international students. You’ll interview via video before you go, with our team on hand to help with interview tips and pep talks.

The money bit

Depending on the job you get hired for, you can earn up to USD $8,000 including tips working in the States over the summer. Plus, you’ll add international job experience to your CV and show future employers you have the confidence to live abroad. Depending on the role, subsidised staff accommodation may also be included.

The visa bit

If you’re a UK passport holder, aged 18-30 and a current degree level student registered at a UK, German, Austrian or Swiss university then you can apply for a J-1 cultural exchange visa. This visa allows you to work for four months over the summer – plus travel around America for 30 days afterwards. BUNAC and our US partner CIEE provide the sponsorship, visa and job support needed to get you through the whole process from start to finish. As our longest running program (our student founders chartered their first plane to the States in 1963!), it’s fair to say you can trust US that we’re US obsessed.


BUNAC are experts in work abroad programs and has extensive experience in offering work and travel experiences around the World to students and young people globally since 1962.

Internships Abroad -  A professional internship abroad will not only be great professional work experience but will elevate your resume to the top of the pile. The resilience, independence and initiative you’ll gain through an international internship placement will be invaluable to your future career and employability.

Summer in the States - If you are looking for the best All-American summer of your life, then Summer Camp in America or Summer Work Travel in the USA would be perfect for you and offers you the chance to learn all important resume-enhancing transferable skills, while having the most unforgettable summer!

Working Holidays - BUNAC also offers Working Holiday programs in some of the World's most exciting destinations, including Australia, Canada and New Zealand and Japan. You’ll gain heaps of soft skills, life experience and almost definitely have the adventure of a lifetime!

Find Us

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert