Senior Sous Chef - Brighton, East Sussex
We are looking for an experience Senior Sous Chef to join our team at Burnt Orange.
Burnt Orange is about more than good food and drink. It’s a place you feel relaxed. It’s an afternoon that turns into an evening, because, when the service is this friendly, the atmosphere this easy, the music this carefully pitched and the seats this comfortable, you can’t help but settle in.
We are a neighbourhood restaurant and late-night bar in the beating heart of Brighton, moments from the seafront and just a few streets from the historic Lanes. We’re confident you’re going to love it, because it’s your idea: the grown-up hangout that’s open all day and just the right amount of night.
As a Senior Sous Chef you will deliver dishes made with quality food and products, from fresh, using local products, prepared with skill and passion. Your passion for food, flexibility and leadership skills will mean you are equally comfortable support the Head Chef day-to-day and taking control in his absence.
Our Senior Sous chefs
- Are self-motivated natural team player that thrives under pressure.
- Are skilled people managers
- Experience in a busy fresh food kitchen environment
- A genuine passion for creating the finest dishes
- Handle fresh ingredients, prepare them to the highest standards
- Maintain a professional manner while under pressure
- Ensure Health & Safety rules and regulations are followed
- Are eligible to work full-time in the UK
In return we offer a truly competitive pay package, a great professional environment, fantastic training, and the chance to grow and develop your career, plus access to an array of benefits.
As a Senior Sous Chef you will enjoy these benefits:
- A truly competitive pay package
- Free food and drinks when working
- Team incentives, trips and rewards
- Treat yourself, family and friends to 50% discount in any of our restaurants
- Book your birthday off – guaranteed
- An additional day’s holiday every year for the first five years
- We reward Refer a Friend
- Access to our cycle to work scheme
By joining Burnt Orange, you will become part of one of the leading restaurants groups. At Blackrock Restaurant Group we pride ourselves recruiting strong passionate individuals that thrive working in hospitality and being part of an established team. Great progression opportunities available across the group to any future stars from all departments. If you want to be part of something special then come and be part of the friendliest team in town, we would love to hear from you.