Maintenance Person - Chester, Cheshire
Hours: 20 hours per week
Internal and external maintenance of the whole complex which may include a wide and varied range of maintenance tasks. Supervision / monitoring of external maintenance contractors and building a network of local contractors and suppliers for goods and services.
Purpose of Job:
To provide a quality and efficient maintenance service throughout the complex ensuring the health & safety of customers and staff at all times. Implementing a proactive system that identifies and rectifies maintenance problems.
Overview of main duties and responsibilities
- To undertake a daily inspection of all facilities to ensure they comply fully with Health and Safety regulations.
- To carry out all maintenance tasks in order to repair any faulty, broken or damaged area of the complex whether it be fixtures, fittings internal or external.
- To undertake maintenance tasks appropriate to the post holders level of qualification without putting staff or customers safety at risk.
- To report all maintenance tasks requiring expenditure to the club management and recommend appropriate remedial action.
- To advise management on long term maintenance projects requiring specific planning.
- To liaise with local contractors involved in providing specialist maintenance services, obtaining estimates for work to be carried out, monitoring this service and ensuring that external contractors comply with the requirements of the Company health & Safety policy.
- To provide maintenance services to outdoor artificial surfaces which may include redistribution of sand & rubber infill, white lining and brushing of surfaces with manual & motorized equipment. Appropriate training will be provided on work based equipment where necessary.
- To maintain and repair all pitch perimeter fencing which will require an element of working at heights on ladders or scaffolding for which full training will be provided.
- The removal of all litter and broken glass etc from pitches, walkways, car parks and any other areas within the site boundary.
- To secure all stock, working materials, equipment and undertake regular stock checks of maintenance equipment reporting any anomalies to club management.
- To assist in beer cellar management including stock rotation, pipe cleaning, safe storage of gas supplies and beer barrels and will regularly involve ‘Manual Handling’ duties for which full training will be provided.
- Such other duties as may be necessary from time to time, compatible with the nature of the post. It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive and serves simply to give an overall view of the position and key responsibilities of the post.