Regional Operations Manager - South Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per year, plus £6,000 bonus (based on performance targets), mileage, phone and laptop.
At Edu-Lettings we pride ourselves on providing both our schools and community users with the best in class customer service and client journey. As a regional operations manager, you will be the lead contact and driver for your recreational staff and school site relations.
We are looking for a customer focused operational manager to manage teams across multiple venues and brand on the ground. You will be responsible for all things staffing. This can be recruitment, on site training/development and day to day team management. The expectations of the regional operations manager is to have a hands-on approach to team. They also need strong individual management of their staff, with the role predominantly at the venues during evenings and weekends.
This role suits somebody who has a passion for training and development - who is organised, proactive and has previous experience of managing zero hour contract teams with an operational background. Recreational team shifts are outside of school hours and tend to be between the hours of 4:30pm and 10:30pm Monday–Friday and 8am – 10pm weekends, as well as some school holiday hours. The regional operations manager would be expected to spend their time on site at the same time when training and developing their staff and managing the brand/operations working within a company rota alongside other regional operations managers.
General responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the Recreational Assistants across your region– you will recruit, train, develop, discipline and manage all things staff across your venues. You will undertake a monthly rota, alongside weekly and weekend set ups for your team and drive your Recreational Supervisors, Operational Cover Supervisors and team KPIs at each site – ensuring that staff always meet brand standards. You will be expected to visit your sites weekly, with an expectation of visiting multiple sites of an evening through the week and weekends. This will be your main resource regarding managing and maintaining brand standards.
- Management of brand standards, administration and health and safety – you will take full responsibility for ensuring that sites are fully risk assessed, covid-19 compliant and your teams are correctly administering each site and meeting both health and safety, and insurance compliance, as well as each site having brand and company visibility.
- Driving team KPIs to meet Brand standards – shift compliance, site brand standards, as well as venue and client feedback are the key to our Recreational Team’s success. If the venue hit these, Rec Teams are rewarded with an annual bonus. Its up to you as the Operational Manager to take ownership of these.
- Client journey and customer service – we pride ourselves on a warm and friendly welcome to all venue users. It will be your responsibility to ensure your team is fully aware of the clients requirements and your clients are fully knowledgeable of the on-site, journey and expectations.
- Staffing costings and facility sales – our sales and customer service team will drive new business into your venues, as well as managing clients requirements and expectations. Your role will include regularly liaising with the team to ensure levels of service and key slots/facilities are utilised correctly, as well as all school operational documents are up to date to ensure that any specific booking venue rules are adhered to throughout the company.
Experience of multisite operational management and management of zero hour contracts are preferred.
What do we offer our employees?
- 20% discount across our partner venues.
- Free staff uniform.
- Access to our online uniform shop.
- Employee of the month (voucher of your choice!)
- Full 24hr access to our confidential corporate wellbeing programme which includes free counselling sessions.
- Milage allowance for staff that travel between partner school sites.
- Staff referral bonus and voucher scheme.
- School referral bonus.
- Free staff parking.
- Career development program.
MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE.
MUST PASS AN ENANCED DBS CHECK.
MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS – AS WELL AS TRAINING DEVELOPMENT AND TEAM MANAGEMENT. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO COVER SHIFTS, SHOULD YOUR TEAM NOT MEET YOUR ROTAS AND COMPANY STANDARDS.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Sport + Leisure: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road