Assistant Restaurant Manager – live-in accommodation available
Sitting at the foot of Snowdon within 30 acres of grounds, the Royal Victoria Hotel has been welcoming guests to the idyllic lakeside village of Llanberis for over one hundred years. We’re a busy 104-bedroom hotel with an AA rosette restaurant, extensive coach party business, a popular dining bar, and an award-winning banqueting and events venue.
Named in honour of the iconic lake, our Padarn Restaurant overlooks our formal gardens and showcases the best local and seasonal ingredients and produce. At the vibrant heart of our hotel is the Eryri Bar and Lounge, offering a warm Welsh welcome to all our guests.
We firmly believe that our employees are the reason for our success, and that’s why we’re committed to employing the best people. We have links with the local college, and support career development for all our team members.
The Role – Assistant Restaurant Manager
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, you’ll set the example and lead from the front when supporting with all aspects of our busy, successful restaurant operation.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the team and designating colleagues to their stations on each shift
- Assisting and motivating team members
- Training new colleagues
- Greeting and escorting customers to their table
- Delivering an exceptional level of customer service, ensuring our customers are well looked after
- Retaining excellent menu and wine list knowledge, answering customer queries and making appropriate recommendations
- Serving food and beverages
- Ensuring stock levels are rotated correctly and storing facilities are kept clean
- Setting up the venue for functions and events to professional high standard
Our Requirements – Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Experience gained working within a restaurant or hotel
- At ease with different forms of service from wedding banquets to coach tour dinners, and up market dining
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- Team player with strong leadership skills
As the Assistant Restaurant Manager, you’ll be working full time hours on a rota basis including morning shifts (7am to 3:30pm), afternoon shifts (2:45pm to 11:15pm) and weekends.
- Permanent contract
- Salary of £23,991
- Live-in accommodation available, if required
- Eryri Bar discount card after a short qualifying period
- Corporate gym discount
- Discounted food
- Onsite car parking
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to complete management training (ILM qualifications to level 5)
All applications for this Assistant Restaurant Manager role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.