Optometrist - Dundee
Optometrist Asda Healthcare
At Asda there is nothing more important than the health and wellbeing of our customers, our priority is to always put them first by delivering high quality patient care.
Due to our extended service contracts with the NHS we're committed to delivering a wide range of care for the treatment and monitoring of minor eye conditions. A typical day will involve screening patients, coaching and training the wider team whilst helping to maintain standards on the department.
At Asda we are extremely passionate and committed to providing our Optometrists with all the training they will need to fulfil their role and enhance their skills. Not only do we have a fantastic CPD programme, but we also offer protected time to our Optometrists to complete further accreditations funded by Asda. This ensures you have the full training package to meet the ever-changing eye care needs of our customers. It's all about developing and supporting you to reach your full potential.
With access to in store, regional and home office teams you are fully supported in all aspects of your role whether your query is clinical or service based there is always someone on hand to offer expert advice and support.
At Asda it's all about the service and creating a memorable experience for our customers so you will be able use clinical skills and passion for your role to help achieve this.
Working in partnership with an Optical Manager (a qualified Dispensing Optician), you'll play a key part in creating an environment that combines both clinical and operational excellence. By working alongside the wider department team, you will support with coaching, training, and helping to develop new patient services to ensure we are able to offer our customers the most current and accessible services to meet their needs.
- A fully qualified optometrist registered with the GOC
- A registered performer with your NHS area team or health board
- MECs or WECs accredited (or willing to gain accreditation within 12 months of joining Asda - funded and supported by us)
- On track to meet the statutory points requirement for CPD
- Able to use your skills and passion for the role to deliver a memorable customer experience
- Passionate about developing new patient services and shaping the culture of the department
Excellent benefits package from Day One including:
- GOC fees paid
- Dedicated ASDA CPD site to earn both interactive & non interactive points
- Annual conference for all professionals
- Opportunities to develop further accreditations
- Your professional indemnity insurance
- Flexible working patterns in accordance with 7 day opening
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount,
- Free parking
- Free access to company benefits site with additional rewards
Please note: Each shift has an unpaid compulsory meal break.