Optical Manager - Ashton-Under-Lyne
At Asda nothing is more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our customers and we pride ourselves on providing excellent service and clinical care. Our Optical Managers are key to our success, making sure the team has everything in place that they need to deliver.
Our unique fixed price approach means there's no up-selling. Single vision glasses are the same price as varifocals, and there are no top-up costs for anti-scratch or thinner lenses either, so we don't have to compromise a customer solution because of what someone can afford.
With access to the wider Asda network, you will be supported by our Home Office teams who can offer clinical support and a team of Area Manager's who will work alongside you to get the most out of your role every day. You will also be provided with regular business updates and feedback on your performance.
Our Optical Managers are key to our success, making sure the team has everything in place to deliver high quality patient service.
You'll be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire operation. With tasks including managing your team of Optometrists and Optical assistants, overseeing compliance processes and procedures, reviewing sales forecasting and department targets whilst also dealing with customer queries, every day is busy and fast paced in an Asda Opticians.
You will also be responsible for clinic management and managing the shop floor process to ensure the department is well equipped for customer's needs.
Working in close partnership with an Optometrist you will also coach and develop your team so being confident in coaching others will be key to this role. Due to the fast-paced nature of this role and the different responsibilities you will need to be organised and able to manage your time effectively
- A fully qualified dispensing optician registered with the GOC
- On track to meet the statutory points requirement for CPD
- Confident in coaching others
- Able to provide excellent customer and patient care
- Driven and ambitious to ensure the department meets its targets
- You'll have proven leadership skills in a fast-paced Optics environment
- Organised and able to manage your time effectively
Excellent benefits package from Day One including:
- Dedicated ASDA CPD site to earn both interactive & non interactive points
- Annual conference for all professionals
- Opportunities to develop further accreditations
- Your professional indemnity insurance
- Flexible working patterns in accordance with 7 day opening
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount,
- Free parking
- Free access to company benefits site with additional rewards
Please note: Each shift has an unpaid compulsory meal break.