Assistant Front Office Manager - Knightsbridge, London
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighborhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
To assist with the smooth and efficient running of the Hotel Operation and all related Guest Services, achieving maximum sales and guest satisfaction whilst adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel. To provide care and assistance to guests during their stay, and deliver where necessary professional service recovery. As Assistant Front Office Manager your duties will include;
- To ensure, through effective supervision, that all operational services function with the utmost efficiency.
- To assist the Front Office Manager /Director of Rooms in ensuring that the Departmental Operational Budgets are in line and costs are strictly controlled.
- To report any shortcomings and to recommend appropriate or corrective action to the Front Office Manager /Director of Rooms.
- To meet and escort all arriving VIPs and ensure that their needs are satisfied, their luggage is swiftly sent to their rooms and they are checked-in in a courteous and efficient manner and escorted to their rooms without delay. To establish any special requests.
- To entertain regular and potential clients as requested by the Peak Manager.
- To implement an efficient method for standard quality checks in all operational departments as per LQA standards.
- To ensure that all VIP rooms are checked prior to the arrival of the guest.
- To conduct regular room inspections and liaise with the Housekeeping Department on deviation from standard set-ups.
- To schedule the rotas of Front Office Clerks / Team Leaders / Guest Relation Executives/Service One Team to provide maximum service to guests within budgeted guidelines.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and by telephone.
- Knowledge of Opera is preferred.
- Ability to learn multiple computer software and accurately input information into the systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Must be available to work weekends, days, evenings and holidays.
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previous 5 Star Luxury Hospitality experience in a managerial role.
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities