Receptionist - Knightsbridge, London
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
The Peak Fitness Club and Spa at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah will offer hotel guests and club members world class treatments, wellness and fitness classes such as Yoga and Pilates with breath-taking views over London’s iconic skyline.
As a Peak Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact with Club Members and hotel Guests, reception colleagues should provide a friendly welcome and the highest level of efficient service in order to meet any needs of members. This role works in the Peak and Pool reception and oversees the safety of members as required. Your duties will include;
- To courteously welcome all members to the Club on each visit.
- To ensure that all members "sign in" correctly providing all the necessary details, thus proving they are bona fide members of the Club.
- To ensure that attendance data of residents is accurately recorded in the members file.
- To be a primary source of information about the Club and the Hotel to all members.
- To make appointments for members to receive any services offered by the Club, both from callers in person and telephone callers taking the full details and explaining our cancellation policy as well as obtaining Credit Card details and contact details from every appointment booked in the Spa in order to guarantee the bookings.
- To ensure that throughout the day the Changing Rooms are adequately stocked with all guest supplies (i.e. soap, shampoo, water, cups, toilet paper, hand drying towels etc.)
- To sell 'Club Clothing' and other merchandise and to ensure that the stock taking procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To take initial membership enquiries over the telephone, detailing the Club's facilities and persuading the caller to come and visit the Club, making an appointment for a trial work-out if necessary.
- Following training from the Club Membership Team, give tours of the Club, detailing all facilities and benefits of membership to prospective members.
- To enroll any new members to the Club ensuring that all necessary details are obtained and accurately recorded and then ensuring that all information is then passed onto Membership Team.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Have a passion for your work and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within luxury environments
- Have the ability to operate in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a high degree of knowledge in Food Hygiene and Safe Working Practice
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.