Head Chef - The Coniston Inn
What makes the perfect pub? Great ales, good food, an inviting atmosphere and the warmest of welcomes.
Located on the shores of Coniston Water with sensational lake and fell views, this classic Lakeland slate building has undergone a full restoration and has officially reopened!
At The Inn Collection Group, we proudly stay true to our pub roots, creating inns where everyone would like to eat, drink, sleep and explore from. Our people are the key to the success of the group and help us to ensure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
The Coniston Inn is now looking to recruit a Head Chef
The Inn Collection Group is a multi award winning pubs with rooms company in outstanding locations across the North of England and Wales. Here at 'ICG' we deliver hospitality by living and breathing our core values of; Customer Focused, Courage, Execution, Honesty, Respect and Results all with our aim in Making People Happy.
Why Join Inn?
- Extra paid holiday in month of your birthday
- 50% off food in any of our Inns
- 1 bed and breakfast in any of our Inns during January, February or March
- 1/3 off room bookings all year round
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly pay available
- Tronc (...that's tips to me and you!)
- Working for Best Pub Employer at the Publican Awards
- Paid breaks in our Inns
From 38,000 per annum.
A successful Head Chef candidate will be:
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience in a high volume environment
- Flair and enthusiasm for cooking with fresh quality ingredients.
- The ability to cope under pressure, calmly and efficiently to set deadlines.
- Previous management of a kitchen team.
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff, and management.
- A positive approach to menu planning and costing.
- Level 3 food safety certificate
- Stocktaking experience
- HACCP experience
Head Chef duties:
- To help produce, monitor, and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas.
- To have total accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
- Ordering, using nominated suppliers
- Achieving budgeted costs for food, wastage, and wages.
- Menu development
- Stock control
- Team management and training
- Daily briefings
- Kitchen cleanliness