Facility Assistant - Currie, Edinburgh
Job Type: Full Time
Positions Available: 3
Grade and Salary: Grade 3 (£20,578 - £21,761)
FTE and working pattern: 1 FTE - 37.5 hrs per week - shift pattern based work
Organisation Name: Oriam: Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre
About Oriam: Oriam has a vision to inspire, engage and motivate our communities through the facilities we provide and the interactions we have with our customers. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the delivery of the strategy.
Purpose of Role: The Facility Assistant will support the Department Supervisors to ensure that the facilities are presented in a clean, safe and organised manner at all times.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Facility Assistant will ensure Oriam is compliant in health and safety for users
- The Facility Assistant will conduct facility setups in Oriam
- The Facility Assistant will do facility cleaning within Oriam
- The Facility Assistant will deliver Customer Excellence at all times
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
These are the criteria on which the short-listing and recruitment selection will be made
- Demonstrable ability to speak and understand English in order to follow verbal and written instructions and deal with customer/student queries
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable excellent customer service
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly, flexibly and accurately in a pressured environment
- Demonstrable professional and proactive approach
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working within a similar catering and/or cleaning environment
- Experience of operating relevant catering and/or cleaning equipment
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on Sunday, 18th June 2023. Please submit your CV via the Heriot-Watt on-line recruitment system by clicking 'Apply'.
Heriot-Watt University is committed to securing equality of opportunity in employment and to the creation of an environment in which individuals are selected, trained, promoted, appraised and otherwise treated on the sole basis of their relevant merits and abilities. Equality and diversity are all about maximising potential and creating a culture of inclusion for all.
Heriot-Watt University values diversity across our University community and welcomes applications from all sectors of society, particularly from underrepresented groups. For more information, please see our website and also our award-winning work in Disability Inclusive Science Careers.