Multi Sports Coach - Edinburgh
Full time/ seasonal
About the role
Reporting to the Camp Manager, our Sports Coaches are responsible for getting 5 - 14 year olds active as part of our Multi-Active programme. Activities can include anything from coaching football, tennis and badminton to leading team building games. Each session typically lasts about 30 - 60 minutes (depending on age). Sports coaches are responsible for looking after and coaching a group of up to 20 children (ratios vary depending on ages) delivering high-energy, fun and inclusive sessions to get every child active and having fun, regardless of their ability.
Hours can vary each day in line with child numbers and the needs of our members, but we're looking for coaches to be fully available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday during the school holidays. There are also opportunities available for Bank Sports Coaches for those who cannot commit to coaching for a full 3 weeks. We can be flexible around your work or studies.
Why work for Kings Camps?
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love
- Have fun contributing to our mission of getting children active
Summer and Half Term School Holidays
What makes a great Sports Coach?
We're looking for high-energy, confident and fun individuals who can demonstrate the followings skills and experience:
- At least 6 months' consecutive experience working with 5 - 17 year olds
- At least 3 months' experience coaching a sport, leading games or delivering activities
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high-quality customer service
- A real team player who's happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- Possess (a minimum) Level 2 qualification in one of the following fields:
- Primary or Secondary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Paediatric First Aid (training opportunities are also available)
About Kings Camps
Kings Camps are a market leading not-for-profit organisation offering sports and activity day camps at over 50 UK locations during the school holidays, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) deliver high quality sports camps with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor.
Founded in 1991, we were inspired by US-style summer camps. We decided the youngsters in the UK would love to experience school holiday camps too and establish a model which meant we could reach even more children through not-for-profit work in the UK and overseas. To find out more about Kings Camps, click here.