Swimming Teacher - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: Between £15.00 and £20.00 per hour DOE
About the role
Reporting to the Camp Manager, the Swimming Coach is responsible for planning and delivering programmed swimming activities as part of our wider Multi-Active programme. You should provide high energy, fun and inclusive swimming sessions, ensuring every child is engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
Our programmes group children by age (typically 5-7, 8-10 and 11-17), so swim coaches should be able to adapt sessions for varying ability levels. Each session will last between 30-60 minutes. Child safety is number one priority, so swim coaches need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, ensuring all individuals follow the Kings Camps' Swimming Policy, as well as the venue's Normal Operating Procedure and Emergency Action Plan, applying them comprehensively.
The role will also include conducting in depth risk assessments, taking action to minimise risks, monitoring water conditions, testing child abilities in the pool. The role may also offer rewarding opportunities to communicate with parents, providing feedback on a child's progress throughout camp.
Child numbers, session times and pool availability will vary, however we typically run sessions between 9.30 - 15.30pm, Monday to Friday. For those who do not want to commit to coaching for full days, we also have opportunities available for Bank Sports Coaches, giving you the opportunity to join Multi-Active Programme around swim hours (where applicable)
Why work for Kings Camps?
- Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love
- Work with like-minded people and create friends for life
- Have fun contributing to our mission to get children active
Easter, Summer, and Half Terms School Holidays
What makes a great Swimming Coach
- A passion for working with children and/or young people
- At least 12 months' experience swimming teaching or coaching
- At least 6 months' consecutive working with 5 - 17 year olds
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high quality customer service
- A real team player who's happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- At times, things change, so you'll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- Leadership skills with a vibrant and confident personality
- Possess and able to document ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or the STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching
- Possess a current Lifeguard Qualification from one of the following:
- - National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- - National Rescue Award to Swimming Teachers and Coach (NRASTC)
- - STA Safety Award for Teachers Qualification
About Kings Camps
Kings Camps are a market leading not-for-profit organisation offering sports and activity day camps at over 50 locations in the UK, during the school holidays, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) deliver high quality sports coaches with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor.
Founded in 1991, we were inspired by US-style summer camps. We decided the youngsters in the UK would love to experience school holiday camps too and establish a model which meant we could reach even ore children though not-for-profit work in the UK and overseas. To find out more about Kings Camps, click here.