Housekeeping Assistant - Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Central is looking to recruit a Team Member for 15+ hours per week.
The hostel is located in the heart of the city centre and has 52 bedrooms that can accommodate up to 263 guests at maximum occupancy.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Newcastle Central is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £10.42 per hour.
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as Housekeeping Team Member?
Our team members cover a wide range of customer-facing duties throughout the hostel, delivering an excellent service to all guests and visitors so they have a great experience at YHA.
This role concentrates predominantly on the cleaning of our hostel, but you may be asked to assist in other hostel departments. Here are some of the things you may be working on:
- Cleaning and preparing bedrooms between the departure and arrival of guests
- Cleaning all shower and toilet areas
- Keeping the hostel reception and social areas clean and tidy
- Undertaking housekeeping tasks efficiently and effectively, ensuring levels of cleanliness are consistent throughout your hostel and taking a proactive approach to reviewing and maintaining standards
- Complying with YHA requirements in the usage and storage of cleaning products
- Reporting faults or damage to a member of the hostel management team.
- Sorting and distribution of used and unused linen
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Housekeeping Team Member?
It’s an advantage but not essential that our housekeeping team members have worked in a face-to-face role with customers previously. Experience** in hospitality or customer service is desirable but not essential.
Good communication skills are an advantage whilst excellent time keeping is essential.
Knowledge and understanding of YHA’s core purpose and experience of working in a team are beneficial.
**We value lived experience just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, however, some of our roles will have further skills requirements. It’s an advantage but not essential that our team members have experience volunteering or working with other people.
It’s important to note that the role can be physically demanding; our beds are predominantly bunk bed style.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.