Kitchen Assistant - Bristol Airport
- Based at Bristol Airport
- Salary £11.57 per hour (plus £250 initial onboarding payment)
- Permanent Contracts
- Varied Part time hours available (18/24/30 per week)
For airports, for partners, for people. We are CAVU. Founded by MAG (Manchester Airports Group) and backed by over 80 years of aviation expertise, we’re striving to revolutionise airport travel, creating value for passengers, and importantly, the businesses that serve them.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for Kitchen Assistants to join our Airport Hospitality Team. Our award-winning airport lounges offer an unrivalled passenger experience and are ranked as the number one common-use lounge in the US across TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp! and Facebook reviews.
Duties will include:
- Assisting the lounge team with the delivery of an excellent lounge experience.
- Ensuring the kitchen and all storage locations are kept clean, hygienic and adhere to all health and safety standards.
- Washing all crockery, cutlery and light equipment. Any oversized equipment that will not fit in the dishwasher should be washed in designated sinks using the correct Ecolab chemical.
- Cleaning kitchen ovens, fridges and floors in accordance with operating standard.
- Ensuring that any crockery, cutlery and equipment is stores correctly and that floors and fire exits are kept free of any obstacles.
- Monitoring all waste disposal bins ensuring waste items are recycled by placing in correct waste disposal bins and adhering to the waste policy.
- Reporting any maintenance issues
- Clearing all breakages and spillages, following operating procedure and dispose of them correctly.
- Taking receipt of all deliveries, ensuring that all items arrive and are correctly put away ensuring stock rotation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar a role is desirable but not essential
You will be required to work a range of shifts. Early shifts can start as early as 3am and late shifts finishing as late as 8pm. Our Lounges are open 7 days a week.
Please note you must be over the age of 18 to apply for this role.
- As a CAVU employee you will have access to some great benefits including:
- Access to our employee rewards portal with discounts and savings
- 24hour Employee Assistance Programme
- MAG Pension scheme which doubles your contribution
- Fantastic career development opportunities – We are the UK’s largest Airport Operator!
- Tax free Airside shopping in our departure lounge
- Meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus (A1 Flyer) from the city centre to the airport
Advert will close once sufficient applications are received
Equal Opportunities & Reasonable Adjustments
We believe in the importance of diversity & inclusion for all. We are committed to creating a workforce that is reflective of our society. As such welcome applications from candidates from all diverse backgrounds.
We are a disability confident employer and therefore are committed to creating an environment where candidates and employees can perform at their optimum. Please let us know if we can provide you with any reasonable adjustments to aid your application or interview process.