Assistant Manager - Andover, Hampshire
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week for the right candidate
Salary: £18,720.00-£23,023.00 per year
Proposed date for first interview 15/06/2023
Are you a highly motivated, engaging manager, looking for an opportunity with a rapidly expanding independent charitable trust based in Andover, Hampshire? Then look no further: Valley Leisure Ltd is looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team at Riverside Bowl.
Established over 30 years ago, the charity aims to improve people’s health and wellbeing by providing facilities and services that enable people to move more and feel better. Riverside Bowl is an exciting family orientated leisure entertainment venue in Andover, Hampshire. Accompanying the 8-lane ten-pin bowling facility, is a unique indoor Glo-Golf experience, Augmented-Reality darts, shuffleboard, and amusements area.
- 30 hours per week contracted, with optional additional overtime.
- Every other weekend off
- 40% off food when you are working.
- Pro rata 36 days holiday & additional days holiday with length of service
- 20% discount off activity, food and drink for you and accompanying friends.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family
You will need:
- Management experience, ideally within the leisure, hospitality, or retail industry
- A passion for customer service
- Evidence of inspiring and developing teams
- A flexible approach to problem solving.
Responsible to the Centre Manager, the post holder will:
- As a keyholder be responsible for safe and effective open and close of the building Monday to Sunday as part of a rota basis.
- Complete statutory and compliance checks in line with VLL policies and procedures and highlight any issues arising.
- Manage staff on duty to ensure they are delivering their job role and responsibilities to a high standard.
- Deliver the customer journey from booking through to capturing feedback post visit, always trying to exceed the customer's expectations.
- Set the standard and be the key driver for the front-line team in relation to sales and upsells.
- Ensure the team is engaged on a daily basis and ensure they are clear on their targets and measures of success.
- Fulfil other tasks related specifically to your role. This will include admin tasks and income generation tasks.
- Supervise a quality clean, safe catering service adhering strictly to Environmental Health requirements.
- Maximise income and profitability of the catering and party services to achieve clear financial and health and safety targets.
- To continuously develop a highly trained and enthusiastic team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Complete opening tasks that fulfil the requirements of the business. Prepare the facility, staff and customer journey, which will include cash handling.
- Undertake the completion of various health and safety checks including - but not restricted to; facility checks, legionella checks, lighting checks, line cleaning, basic lane operating checks, PPE and monthly checks.
- Complete a comprehensive check when closing the building. This check will ensure all cleaning has been completed, compliance jobs completed, and the building is secure. The emphasis will be that we close the building ready to start the next day, and that we focus on energy saving and efficiency.
- Be the key person on shift for the staff to have confidence in being able to resolve any operational or customer issues. Be present on the floor to lead from the front and drive the staff’s performance.
- Ensure that the customers are having a fun and value-for-money experience. This will be determined by service standards and satisfaction. You will ensure each customer is being catered for and staff are selling the right products to them at the right time.
- Working with other members of the management team to ensure the training and development of front-line staff is fully compliant with the company's policies and procedures.
- Provide the team with realistic and measurable targets on a daily basis and keep them updated throughout the shift. Provide the team with regular 1-1’s that allow for their development and training to be completed.
- Ensure that all First Aid treatment and reporting of accidents/incidents is in accordance with statutes and company policy.
- The Assistant Manager role will be a mixture of on the floor shifts and administrative tasks or specific job role requirements.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as part of your managerial role for Valley Leisure Limited.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Over the age of 18 (key holder).
- Experience of management in leisure or customer service
- Organisation skills to ensure key performance indicators are maintained.
- Computer literate
- First Aid at work (can be provided)
- A hospitality qualification or experience.
- Customer service qualification.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety certificate (can be provided)