Kitchen Porter - Eastbourne, East Sussex
Part - Time
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in a high quality environment.
Duties will include: operating the dishwasher and manning the pot wash; general cleaning of kitchen and all back of house areas; maintaining cleanliness of the staff canteen and serving of staff food and adhering to COSHH and food hygiene regulations.
Key skills/experience for this role includes:
- Good verbal and written English
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Good attention to detail
- Physically fit as some lifting is required
- Previous experience as a kitchen porter desired but not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks in certain time frames.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
Affectionately known as “The White Palace” The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
Why work at Hotel:
As an accredited Investor in People, we are dedicated to the development of our staff. Many of the team started out in junior roles, but have been offered training and promotional opportunities as their skills have grown. We are very fortunate to have a large percentage of long-term team members able to offer their experience and expertise to the next generation of hospitality professionals – this could be you!
To support our staff we offer:
- Meals are provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking.
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels – where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are!
If you feel that you can rise to this challenge, then please submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient applications are received.