Event Manager - Wolverhampton What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the General Manager and working as part of the Catering Operations Team, and working alongside venue colleagues and partners, to support and execute the delivery of all event catering operations and associated services at Molineux Stadium, you will support the Operations Manager to lead the delivery of the catering operation with all non-matchday operations.
You will work closely with clients, event organisers and colleagues to drive an excellent level of food, beverage, and service delivery. Building positive relationships with existing and potential clients in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to.
Your role will include managing client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner whilst ensuing we are true partners in their business through engagement with support functions, internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers, controlling costs & driving sales growth supporting delivery of key financial targets.
You will demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, Line Manager and Leadership teams in line with the one Compass vision, values, and overall business strategy, and actively work to identify key competitors and work to drive innovation within the Conference and Exhibitions sector to ensure we stay ahead of the game. More about the role:
- Experience in a demanding, high volume, multi-purpose venue.
- Management experience within Conference, Banqueting & Exhibitions.
- Managerial experience in leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results.
- Time management is key along with the ability to work with short and long-term deadlines as well as identify key milestones within event preparation and execution.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of internal / external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead others with differing levels of experiences, a diverse experience
- Engaging, enthusiastic, sociable, and motivated.
- Ability to make decisions to benefit the business and exceed client expectations.
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels.
- Knowledge of and experience within Food, Beverage & Service Industry.
- Experience of working within and the ability to support and drive a changing environment.
- Computer Literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are ready for the next stage in your career, looking for a fast-paced hands-on role dealing with a range of clients and guests, and working for a world leader in legendary experiences, who partners with prestigious venues then please contact us for a further confidential discussion regarding this opportunity. What we'll give:
- 30,000 per annum, 40 hours per week.
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork.
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you.
- Pension contribution.
- Free onsite parking.
- Meals on duty.
Molineux Stadium is the home of Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club and plays host to Premier League football. Located in the heart of Wolverhampton, Molineux Stadium also hosts thousands of events every year, from meetings for two up to charity dinners and exhibitions. The purpose-built venue features a wide range of rooms and spaces our team operate daily and infinite flexibility for our guests. With future development and expansion planned Molineux Stadium will continue to be the go-to venue in Wolverhampton. Who you are:
You will have a background in catering operations or catering / event sales who is a decision maker, enthusiastic, engaging, and motivated. You will have knowledge of the food and beverage industry and extensive experience in a demanding, high volume, multipurpose venue.
You will be ambitious, confident, and resilient, someone who take a hands-on approach and enjoys a challenge. We have a guest first approach, and you will showcase how you are put the guest first every time.