Assistant Manager - Hertford
The Salisbury Arms Hotel is set in an iconic 18th-century building in the centre of the historic town of Hertford, this traditional hotel has recently undergone a transformational refurbishment. Our award-winning designers have restored the listed building to its original beauty, with an addition of a stunning garden terrace for alfresco drinking and dining all year round, a private dining room and incredible period features. All accompanied by locally sourced menus, premium wines and of course, our locally brewed beers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Manager, preferably with Hotel experience, to take this fantastic hotel to the 'place to eat and stay' in Hertford.
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as an Assistant Manager. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about beer and food, love people, enjoy making their day and thrive in a busy environment that's the hub of the community then you could be our next Assistant Manager. We can offer you...
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Shift flexibility
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Great live in accommodation if required
- A share of gratuities
- Fantastic career development through McMullen's GROW Programme - currently over half of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally
- A valued position in a progressive company who treat people as a name, not a number
Key Responsibilities of an Assistant Manager
- Exceeding guest expectations daily
- Leading the team to deliver outstanding service
- Coach and guide new Team Members
- All aspects of cash and stock control
- Management duties including dealing with bookings/functions, rota planning, cellar management, and deputising in the Managers absence
Previous experience at Assistant Manager level is essential however further training will be given through the McMullen GROW Programme.