Swimming Teacher - Chester
If you're looking for an incredibly rewarding way to teach water confidence in the school holidays, we have an amazing role for you!
Kings Camps are a registered charity that run sports and activity day camps for children that deliver our mission - getting children active, having fun and learning together.
We know market-leading programmes don't deliver themselves - it's our people who create amazing holiday experiences for children - and we're hiring energetic and passionate Lifeguards and Swimming Teachers to help deliver our mission and increase children's water confidence.
About the Role
As part of the Kings Camps team, Swimming Teachers are responsible for planning and delivering fun, safe and engaging swimming sessions for children in the school holidays. You'll work with our coaching teams to provide high energy and inclusive sessions, ensuring every child is engaged and making progress, regardless of their ability.
Swimming Teachers also need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, ensuring all individuals follow the Kings Camps' Swimming Policy at all times.
Teaching from poolside, a typical day swim teaching could include working with 3 to 8 different groups of mixed ability children aged between 5 and 17, with a maximum of up to 16 children in the pool. Each session typically (depending on age) lasts between 30 - 45 minutes.
Child safety is our number one priority, so you'll need to conduct in depth risk assessments, assess ability levels, monitor water conditions, oversee the safe use of equipment and promptly record any incidents, ensuring throughout that the welfare of children is paramount at all times.
- A passion for developing children's water confidence
- At least 12 months' experience teaching swimming
- At least 6 months' experience working with 5 - 17 year olds
- A willingness to liaise with parents, delivering high quality customer service
- A real team player who's happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- Leadership skills with a fun, vibrant and confident personality
- Possess and able to document ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or the STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching
- Possess a current Lifeguard Qualification from one of the following:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- National Rescue Award to Swimming Teachers and Coach (NRASTC)
- STA Safety Award for Teachers Qualification
Working with Kings Camps during the holidays offers you more than just a job, the benefits listed below will last throughout your career:
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Work with all ages and abilities
- Flexible shifts in the school holidays (Mon- Fri)
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings (we always promote from within!)
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Bi-weekly personal evaluation directly from your Site Manager
- Delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Excellent locations - some of the best universities and schools across the UK
- Excellent training - market-leading online and on-site training covering customer care, child protection, child supervision, child welfare and behaviour, health and safety, sports coaching techniques and creative and dynamic session development.
- The opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of children from all backgrounds.
Our Safeguarding Promise
The Kings Active Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive.