Camp Manager - Monmouth
About the role
The Camp Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of a unique Kings Camps experience, ensuring every child is safe, engages and makes progress, regardless of their ability. Leading and delivering high quality camps to get children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Managers won't be in ratio but will be required to manage and lead a team of coaches, motivating each Red Top through training and delivery to actively participate in sessions, prioritise child welfare and work collaboratively with peers. The Camp Manager's role requires preparation, arranging them training, planning timetables in advance and completing relevant paperwork.
During camp you will be onsite from the beginning to the end of the day (8am - 6pm) to act as the responsible individual, first aider and the venue point of contact for any quires, complaints and/or onsite visits. You'll also follow operating procedures and policies, completing relevant paperwork, including risk assessments, weekly reviews, the recording of incidents and managing OFSTED requirements.
Child safety is our number one priority, so Managers need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all time, supervising children during their lunch breaks, overseeing the safe use of equipment and upholding health and safety standards and procedures.
You'll need to be available between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays. We're looking for Managers to be available for the full duration of shorter season, and in the summer (our busiest season) a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks.Why work for Kings Camps?
Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love
Work with like-minded people and create friends for life
Have fun contributing to our mission to get children active
What makes a great Camp Manager?
- A passion for, and at least 12 months' experience of working with children and/or young people between 5 - 17 years
- At least 12 months' experience in a Management or Leadership position that includes delivering high quality customer service
- Hold a childcare, sport or teaching related degree (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of implementing high standards of safeguarding
- Detail-orientated, in particular regard to following policies and health and safety
- A vibrant and resilient team player with leadership skills to install excitement and motivation in staff and children
- At times things change, so you'll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
About Kings Camps
Kings Camps are a market leading not-for-profit organisation which offer sports and activity day camps at over 50 locations during the school holidays, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) deliver high quality sports camps with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor.
Founded in 1991, we were inspired by US-style summer camps. We decided the youngsters in the UK would love to experience school holiday camps too and establish a model which meant we could reach even more children through not-for-profit work in the UK and overseas. To find out more about Kings Camps, click here.