Duty Manager - Beckenham, London
Position: Duty Manager
Location: The Spa, Beckenham BR3 4PF
Salary: 26,125 p.a. Plus Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 23rd June 2022
- To assist the Center Manager in managing the daily operation of the facilities and the organisation of activities, to ensure that the overall service complies with the policies and standards set by Bromley Mytime.
- To assist with the overall function of Reception, including customer services, reconciliation, deliveries, memberships, bookings, telephone enquiries and complaints, and ensure that an appropriate level of service is maintained together with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To be responsible as Duty Manager during the centre's opening hours with full supervisory control over the staff and responsibility for the operation of the Centre. (shifts will operate between 06:00 and 22:30 and includes some weekends)
- To assist the Center Manager in implementing the approved Quality Management Systems, maintaining all operational standards, records, systems and financial procedures in accordance with instructions and regulations.
- Assist with the organisation of all activities, groups and events/special programmes administered by the Centre.
- Ensure that all reasonably practicable steps and precautions are taken to meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and the Health & Safety procedures documented in the QMS
- To monitor Pool Plant and equipment in liaison with the Technical team and take any corrective action to meet the swimming pool and facilities environmental standards.
- To monitor and supervise the work standards of front line operational staff, in particular Recreation and Senior Recreation Assistants.
About the Role:
If you're a fast-thinker who's calm under pressure, responsible and a natural with people from all walks of life, this is your chance to progress as a Duty Manager. We also look for integrity, a can-do attitude, health and safety knowledge, and a customer service focus, combined with relevant professional qualifications such as NPLQ, First Aid, Fitness Instructor and Pool Plant, or equivalent.
So, if you're looking for a desk job, this isn't for you - as there's no such thing as a typical day as Duty Manager. That's what makes the role so special. Here, you could be doing anything from unlocking the leisure centre and setting up, to ordering supplies and checking everything is perfect for your customers. Then, once the day is in full swing, you'll ensure it's all running as it should be - handling customer queries, managing your team and ensuring the successful operation of the gym, pool and other facilities. Your own development is just as important, as we'll train you to sharpen your skills in this diverse Duty Manager role.
The ability to be able to swim 2 lengths in under 90 seconds and pass a swim test is important to take to you through to the next stage. A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would be great, but we can provide that training for you.
In return you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
* Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other.
* 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional leave with length of service.
* Holiday purchase scheme.
* 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks.
* NEST pension.
* Early Pay- withdraw a part of your salary in advance of the pay day.
* New Employee Referral Bonus
* Exceptional achievement award scheme.
* Employee discount & salary sacrifice schemes.
We are an independent social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing through our range of accessible services. These include golf, swimming, gyms, bowling, social and health programmes at 20 locations across Bromley, the Midlands and Hampshire. We reinvest our profits into the long-term wellbeing of our local communities, and to date we've helped hundreds of thousands of people to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
* Satisfactory health clearance;
* Two satisfactory references;
* Proof of attainment of qualifications;
* Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
** Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if needed for the role*
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.