Level 2 Swimming Teacher - Hengrove Park Leisure Centre - Bristol
Job Type: Part time - Permanent
Salary: £17.00 per hour
Hengrove park leisure centre are looking for level 2 swimming teachers to join their ever growing swim scheme. They run lessons Monday - Friday evenings and Saturday mornings, and are looking for teachers to take on all or some of these hours. With the scope for casual hours and overtime.
Primary objective for the Swimming Instructor will be:
- To ensure the successful delivery of the Swimming Lessons in line with company policy and Amateur Swimming Association’s NPTS.
The Swimming Instructor will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To teach customers of a varying age and ability as per the Swim England NPTS and complete all necessary paperwork.
- To ensure teaching, customer care and health and safety standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To maximise the retention of swim school participants through quality standards, motivation and customer care.
- To ensure strong communication links between yourself, the aquazone co-ordinator, reception and duty management.
- To deal with customer enquiries, feedback and concerns.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
A recognised swim teaching qualification is required for this post - Swim England Level 2
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant:
Will be able to communicate well with both children and adults in a teaching setting.
Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from colleagues and customers.
Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, colleagues and teachers.
Will be able to meet the demands of the role by having some flexibility in their working hours when required.
The position of Swimming Instructor is classed as a regulated post and therefore requires a DBS Disclosure. It will be necessary for the post holder to be submitted for a DBS check.
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
Incremental annual leave
Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
Employee health cash plan
Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
Cycle to Work scheme
Company sick pay
Training and development
Parkwood Leisure is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
About Parkwood Leisure
Parkwood Leisure was established over 20 years ago and is now one of the UK's leading operators of publicly owned leisure facilities. Working with Legacy and Lex Leisure, we’re a company that’s proud to deliver a first-class service to each of the facilities we manage and is committed to working with local communities to make a difference and provide a healthier and happier lifestyle to the communities we serve.