PERSONAL TRAINER – NORTH LONDON
Full-Time Position Available
Rate: c.£25,000 per annum (discretionary performance bonuses available)
The Basement LDN Gym + Studio is looking for a new personal trainer to join their dynamic and diverse team in Kentish Town, North London.
The Basement LDN Gym + Studio is an independent boutique fitness space that endeavours to create a premium training environment that is welcoming, community focussed and executed with a polished but personalised feel, inspiring members throughout their fitness journey with the Club
The successful applicant will be predominantly responsible for:
- Reporting to TBLDN’s head of personal training to assist with the delivery of the club’s in-house training services to its clients.
- Creating training sessions and programmes for the club’s in-house training clients in accordance with pre-session briefings between you and TBLDN’s head of personal training.
- Supplying TBLDN’s head of personal training with detailed feedback following delivery of client sessions, including an exercise-by-exercise breakdown of session completed.
- Assisting TBLDN’s head of personal training with the maintenance of client notes, including diligently and promptly uploading completed sessions to each client’s shared training profile.
The successful applicant will also assist the wider team with the following responsibilities:
- assisting the Club’s Marketing Team in their sales effort (including tour delivery);
- assisting with serving of coffees and fresh protein smoothies at our nutrition bar;
- providing a front of house presence at our reception area; completing daily checklists; and
- the day-to-day cleaning of the fitness equipment.
The successful applicant will be passionate about fitness. A background in fitness training or sports is advantageous, although not a prerequisite.
Maintaining a clean and safe environment for our members is essential to ensuring an enjoyable workout space. Cleaning the equipment and gym area is a key task carried out by all members of the team daily to ensure the Club is kept to the highest of standards for our members.
Qualifications + Experience
- NVQ L2 Fitness and NVQ L3 Personal Training equivalent as a minimum.
- Experience in the fitness industry preferable, otherwise the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sufficient practice in the industry to grow into the role.
- The role is perfect for someone who has the appetite to learn about the fundamentals of client instruction in a gym environment under the supervision and guidance of our Head In-House Personal Trainer.
- Good interpersonal skills, to be approachable and confident in dealing with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person.
- A fast learner, sharp minded and alert.
- Ability to work well as a team member, as well as use initiative where required.
- Ability to be flexible in undertaking varied tasks and to ‘muck in’.
- Willingness to comply with Club policies and procedures (to include the appropriate use of cleaning chemicals, incident and damage reporting, health & safety etc).
Club Operating Hours
- Mon – Fri: 6:00am to 10:30pm
- Sat – Sun: 9:00am to 8:00pm
We are specifically looking for an individual able to commit to a work pattern that will include weekends.
What we offer
The Basement LDN Gym + Studio is a fresh new face in the fitness industry. We have ambitious plans to expand the brand in 2023-24. Club Management takes a proactive approach in coaching members of the team and endeavours to provide regular feedback to optimise personal and professional development. This role if perfect for someone looking to grow with us and help us carve out an identity as a premium fitness space across London.
Expected start date – Immediate
Interested applicants should send their CV with a cover paragraph by clicking the Apply Now button. We’d be delighted if you could include a paragraph in the application about what drew you personally to the fitness industry and why it’s an industry you are passionate about.
We look forward to receiving your application. Thank you!