Meeting & Events Co-ordinator - Bathgate, West Lothian
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Salary: From £20,000 per annum
Main purpose of Job:
Operating within a commercial team responsible for the strategic management meetings, events, group and travel trade enquiries of Macdonald Hotels & Resorts. To deliver and maximise Sales opportunities through the effective use of business management tools and management of committed empowered team. Promoting a professional and positive image and by encouraging the same from others in your team.
Key Job Specific Accountabilities:
- To deliver budgeted meetings, events, groups and travel trade target by maximising revenue and profit for each property through increased conversion, maximising meeting room occupancy, rate opportunities, upselling and cross selling of hotels.
- To handle the meetings, events, groups and travel trade enquiries booking process from enquiry through to confirmation in a timely manner, delivering outstanding customer service.
- To ensure compliance with company standards consistently delivering a professional service and building strong working relationships with our clients, resulting in repeat clients, achieving targeted BDRC scores.
- To create and maintain a positive working environment between the team, hotels and Sales Team where "everyone sells" and knowledge is shared.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Preferred experience within a Meetings & Events Sales role, but not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge of (but not essential) Hotel CRM Systems.
Expected start date:
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts, our in-house teams have been working to set new standards of hygiene and safety for all our returning guests. You can be reassured that we are meeting and in many cases exceeding, the very latest government guidelines.
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bathgate, EH48 2RX: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Event Management: 1 year (preferred)
Salary and Benefits
Benefits: Employee discount, On-site parking, Sick pay
Additional pay: Performance bonus