F&B Assistant - Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa - Ascot, Berkshire
The Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor, surrounded by splendid gardens. Supreme comfort abounds in over 120 well-appointed bedrooms and expansive suites, offering the chance to spend the night in our magnificent turret rooms. Our soothing spa facilities complete the picture of a serene country retreat. We are less than an hour from central London by train and close to the M3, M4 and M25 motorways.
Becoming a team member here at Macdonald Hotels & Resorts means joining close hotel and resort teams where a world of opportunity exists to develop your skills and progress your career in hospitality.
About a role:
As a Macdonald’s F&B Assistant, you will play a vital role in delivering an outstanding experience to all our guests. You should have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach, and a willingness to exceed our guest’s expectations. Often operating on the front line, you are the real ambassadors of our company and are committed to consistently delivering high standards.
Outline Job Description:
Experience in a similar role would be helpful, but we will also offer training if you are willing to learn, take pride in your work and are committed to delivering our high standards. Providing our guests with a memorable stay every time is the ambition of our department so if you’d like to play a key role in this, we’d love to hear from you.
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using software
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
This position will include shifts working Saturday and Sunday. Additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods, including bank holidays.
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Min 0-6 months of experience
Full-time and Part-time roles available
- Competitive rates of pay at all levels
- Uniform provided
- Accommodation available on request
- Parking available on-site
- Free meals when on duty
- Generous discount on regular room rates
- 25% off food, drink and spa treatments across the group
- 20% discount on golf
- Free use of our leisure, pool and gym facilities at off-peak times
- Auto-enrolment into our pension scheme and life assurance
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality in Action
- Wagestream app offering a real-time view of accrued pay and access to it