Head of Motorised Watersports - in Greece – Full Season (May ‘23 to October ‘23)
Our coastal location is ideal for watersports and with the breezy nature of the afternoons, we also have fantastic calm, flat water in the mornings.
We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our waterfront team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
This summer, we are in need of a highly-motivated and experienced Head of Motorised Watersports to join us and ensure the smooth delivery of fun and engaging lessons to our guests of all ages and abilities.
The water ski and wakeboard team operates from 7am every morning to take advantage of the very best conditions Zakynthos has to offer, for as long as the weather permits, resuming in the evening if the wind dies off. Sessions are offered throughout the morning for guests of all abilities from veteran skiers to children learning for the first time. As the conditions begin to change in the afternoon, we offer crazy sofa and ringo rides, which are popular with guests of all ages.
All of our instructors are certified by the BWSW as either drivers or instructors. The beach team as a whole are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
All of our motorised watersports are extremely popular and our Mastercrafts get booked up very quickly. The ski team must ensure that the boats are always well maintained and kept in excellent working order to avoid any disappointed guests.
As Head of Motorised Watersports, you will be overall responsible for the day-to-day operation of the ski department. This includes managing bookings, providing high quality tuition, giving guests advice and adapting to weather conditions. This is a diverse and challenging role covering many different areas including staff management, evaluating lessons, health and safety, maintaining equipment and providing instruction.
- Work closely with the Beach Manager to manage and motivate the ski team
- Ensure a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests are made to feel welcome and encouraged to get out on the water
- Ensure a high level of instruction is provided for all guests and staff
- Work closely with the reception team to manage bookings and maximise revenue
- Manage an online schedule Reschedule bookings in the event of bad weather, ensuring guests are communicated with effectively
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the ski boats
- Work closely with the Beach Manager to ensure that health and safety policies are implemented and a high standard of safety is maintained at all times.
- Deliver daily water skiing and wakeboarding instruction and coaching
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Assist with other duties on the beach including kayak and SUP activities, covering safety and helping with the club’s weekly regatta
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Ensure clear communications to both guests and other departments about current conditions Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events in the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Ensuring that billing is completed accurately by the end of each day
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Situationally aware and forward thinking boat handling
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Strong leaderships skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of, and the ability to adjust to weather/sea conditions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- UKCC Level 2 Water Ski & Wakeboard Coaching qualification
- Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (Ski Boat Driver Level 3 is desirable)
- A minimum of 2 years (or 2 seasons) experience of driving & coaching
- A minimum of 1 years (or 1 seasons) experience in a supervisory role
- Practical knowledge of boat mechanics is desirable
- Experience of towing and taking boats in and out of the water is desirable
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat are desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Available for the whole season (May-October)
- A full driving license is desirable
- UK/EU Passport Holder