Events Coordinator - in Greece – Full Season (May ‘23 to October ‘23)
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night; add to this a number of weddings during the low season and our Guest Chef series, we have a number of events which require a great deal of forward planning.
We are looking for an experienced Events Coordinator to take the lead in ensuring all of our events are well prepared for and delivered to the high standard that our guests expect. They must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to support a team with varied experience and responsibilities in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will get to know our guests and our team members alike and lead from the front.
The season kicks off with PACE – a week of wellness and a chance for guests to unwind, relax and recharge whilst keeping the club’s spirit of a long lunch and a glass of rose by the sea very much intact.
We host a number of weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s fifth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike.
Towards the end of the season, we host our House Party – four days of sun filled revelry featuring live music, creative workshops and elaborate feasts. This is the highlight of our season and whilst an incredible amount of hard work is required, the staff enjoy it just as much as the guests.
In addition to this, we will be hosting a wedding almost every week of the low season, each a little different and not only involving the traditional wedding breakfast but also other events such as cocktail parties on the decks, intimate ceremonies in olive groves and daytime pool parties in one of our stunning guest villas.
Our Events Coordinator will work closely our Events Manager and General Management team to co-ordinate all aspects of an event set-up. This will require excellent communication with our food and beverage team, facilities team and anyone else who may be involved with any given event. They will also be on the floor during the event to provide support to the rest of the team, problem-solve and ensure everything runs smoothly.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident all-rounder with an impeccable attention to detail who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as ensure a consistently high level of service. This is a challenging but extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from being part of a team.
- Coordinate the delivery of weekly club events including the family barbeque, weekly ‘dinner party’ and food festival evening.
- Liaise with the Events Manager to ensure all the necessary preparations have been made for weddings and their associated events
- Communicate effectively with the relevant departments, including the food and beverage team and the facilities team to ensure everyone knows exactly what is expected from them in relation to any given event
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Promote best practices and ensure the safety of guests and staff alike
- Provide the necessary support to other department managers during busy service times and whenever else required
- Encourage and maintain good communication across all departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Maintain good relationships with local suppliers and contacts
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- Previous events experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate desirable
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- Full driving license is desirable
- UK/EU Passport Holder