Camp Manager - Summer Holidays - Davenies Prep School, Beaconsfield
- Reporting to: Operations Manager
- Contract: 17th July - 25th August 2023 (30 Days) - Summer Holidays
- Hours: 8am – 6pm weekdays. Full season or part season roles available.
- Pay: £121.41 - £152.76 (Inclusive of Holiday pay, based on an 9.5 hour day) Pay is calculated on age, experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
The Camp Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of our multi-activity holiday childcare programmes, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to help us follow through on our commitment to 'Inspire Children Every Day'.
You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your staff team in order to create fun and exciting holiday camps which promote participation, structure, care and development. You will ensure successful execution of all policies and procedures, liaising with parents, school representatives and Head Office. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps.
The position of the Camp Manager is a busy but hugely rewarding and varied role, where the experience of parents and children rests on your shoulders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of staff selected for you to ensure they deliver both the quality of care and the standard of activities expected at Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Inspire your staff to deliver quality activities by leading by example with energy and enthusiasm.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself, your staff and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures. This may include implementing new procedures to ensure camp runs smoothly and remains a safe environment for staff and children.
- Lead Camp Induction Day for your staff prior to camp opening.
- Work with the Early Years Leader to ensure Ofsted requirements are always met on camp, liaising directly with an inspector in the event of an inspection.
- Liaise with Head Office with updates, queries any issues that arise throughout the day.
- Act as the point of contact for parents on camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues that arise throughout the day.
- Act as the point of contact with the Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp.
- Manage all administrative duties on camp, including sign-in and sign-out procedures, registration, staff rotas and changes to the timetable.
- As well as our multi-activity programme, Ultimate Activity Camps encompasses several other specialist programmes. As a Camp Manager you must liaise with the staff teams of these specialist programmes to ensure the smooth running of your site.
- Manage any other challenges that come with running a dynamic holiday camp environment.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care and ensure the provision of childcare is always of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children and staff on camp.
- Qualified or working towards a qualification in childcare, teaching or coaching, with significant experience of working with children.
- A natural leader with management experience, ideally within the holiday camp, childcare, teaching or coaching sectors.
- Excellent communicator, with strong face-to-face customer service skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to talk to parents and host school staff.
- Good working knowledge of camp activities. You must be prepared to take short term cover of groups until suitable cover is sorted.
- Good decision maker, able to quickly assess and make informed judgements.
- Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required.
- Someone looking for a sometimes challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare, teaching or coaching industry.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) qualification.