Early Years Leader - Summer Holidays - Davenies Prep School, Beaconsfield
- Title: Early Years Leader
- Reporting to: Camp Manager
- Contract: 17th July - 25th August 2023 (30 Days) - Summer Holidays
- Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available and additional hours available for staff that hold a paediatric first aid qualification
- Pay: £97.56 - £121.88 (Inclusive of Holiday Pay, based on a 9.5 hour day) Pay is calculated on age, experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
Our Early Years Leader oversee the delivery of the Early Years programme on camp, fostering an exciting, enjoyable and nurturing environment. As well as overseeing the setting, you will get stuck in and deliver structured sports, arts and crafts activities and games to the Early Years children enrolled on camp – our Ultimate Activity Juniors. The activities offered will follow EYFS requirements for learning and development, with an emphasis on participation and quality.
With support and direction from the Camp Manager you will be the key contact for the 4- and 5-year-olds on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care. Working with the Camp Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all Ofsted requirements are met and be the primary point of contact for parents of our Juniors.
Our Early Years settings work within a ratio of 1:8, which means you could be working by yourself or within a team. It is the duty of the Early Years Leader to coordinate, direct and support the rest of the Early Years team to ensure high quality childcare is delivered at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of a fun and engaging programme for the Ultimate Juniors on camp, ensuring all EYFS requirements are met.
- Prepare and deliver quality sports, arts & crafts and games for the four- and five-year olds, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Direct and support a small team of Early Years staff.
- As the registered person, ensure Ofsted requirements are always met, liaising directly with an inspector in the event of an inspection.
- Be the main point of contact for the parents and guardians of the Juniors. This includes feeding back any observations or issues to parents.
- Manage some administrative duties for the Juniors (e.g., sign-in/out, registration etc).
- Liaise with the Camp Manager and work as a team to continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of activity times.
- Ensure the provision of childcare is always of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Other ad-hoc duties (e.g., cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Educated to a minimum of Level 3 in Early Years/Childcare or Primary Education, with significant experience working with 4- and 5-year-olds.
- Experience of working with children and delivering activities and able to tailor the delivery and structure of a session according to age and ability.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about working developing children through play and activity.
- Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
- Good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to apply it to a camp setting.
- Excellent communicator, with great face-to-face customer service skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to interact with parents.
- A pro-active and conscientious team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
- Someone looking for a sometimes challenging but hugely rewarding and enjoyable job in the holidays, looking to broaden their career in the childcare industry.
- Some management or supervisory experience.
- Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) qualification.