Early Years Instructor - Easter Holidays - Brentwood School, Essex
Reporting to: Camp Manager
Contract: 3rd – 14th April 2023 (8 days)
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available and additional hours available for staff that hold a paediatric first aid qualification.
Pay: £74.98 - £102.25 (Inclusive of Holiday Pay, based on an 8.5 hour day) Pay is calculated on age, experience and qualifications.
Summary of Position:
The role of the Early Years Instructor is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp, and to deliver outstanding, structured sports, art and play activities to the Early Years children – our Ultimate Activity Juniors. The activities offered at Ultimate Activity Camps follow the EYFS requirements for learning and development, with the emphasis being on participation and quality.
With support and direction from the Early Years Leader, you will have a pastoral role, being a key contact for the 4- and 5-year-olds on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for the Ultimate Activity Juniors, normally aged 4-5, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Continuously promote welfare and ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care.
- Help to set up the Ultimate Activity Juniors provision by attending a Camp Induction Day.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the EY Leader and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervise and engage with the children outside of activity times.
- Recognise that you may work with children from differing backgrounds and stages of development, therefore you must adapt the activities to meet the individual needs of the children in your group.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
- Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/inventory etc).
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- Previous experience working with children aged 4-5 in in a sport, art or education setting.
- Confident instructor, able to adjust delivery and structure according to age and ability.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare industry.
- Qualified to Level 2 in childcare or Early Years, or working towards a degree level qualification in a related subject.
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.