You make it Hand Picked!
Established by Guy and Julia Hands in 1999, Hand Picked hotels has grown organically and through acquisition to become the 5th largest luxury hotel group in the UK – comprising 21 hotels across the UK and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge.
We are currently recruiting for Deputy Head Housekeeper at Hand Picked Hotels.
Rhinefield House Hotel is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 50 bedrooms. It has an Indoor and Outdoor pool with spa facilities and treatment rooms, a fine dining restaurant and a variety of function rooms for weddings, conferences and events.
About the role:
As a Deputy Head Housekeeper you will take a hands-on role which will still involve cleaning bedrooms and our public areas as well as checking bedrooms that other members of the team have cleaned to ensure they meet the required standards. You will help motivate and develop the team and you will be responsible in the absence of the Head Housekeeper.
This is a full time, permanent position which will be contracted to 40 hours per week. Shifts will cover 5 days per week, and include weekends on a rota basis.
- You’ll take pride in delivering consistently high standards
- You'll live locally to the hotel, or within a reasonable commute
- You’ll have experience working as part of a Hotel Housekeeping team - knowledge of Opera is desirable but not essential
- You’ll have extremely high standards of cleanliness and an eye for detail, noticing things others don’t
- Ideally you will have experience of training colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and helpful manner as our teams work together to ensure our guests are happy
Our Benefits include:
- A competitive salary package
- Company pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Life assurance scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program to support you with whatever life throws at you.
- Company Sickness Scheme Benefit.
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays, increasing to 33 days including bank holidays with length of service.
- Forward career progression, with access to our In House and external training programs, including apprenticeships and other recognised hospitality industry courses which are all supported by our learning and development team.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast & 25% discount on all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform.
- Opportunity to make lifelong friendships and be part of team that celebrates Diversity and Inclusion.