Pool Duty Manager - Plas Menai National Outdoor Centre - Caernarfon, Gwynedd
Job Type: Full Time - 37 hours per week
The Pool Duty Manager position at Plas Menai is a key position. Carrying out continuous customer service through teaching and lifeguarding as well other duty management responsibilities. The position provides the postholder with a genuinely rewarding experience and provides a springboard to a leisure management career in one of the most attractive and fast growing leisure management companies in the UK.
Primary objectives for the Pool Duty Manager will be:
- To ensure the highest possible standards of Health and Safety and customer care within the Centre.
- To support the development and delivery of the swim programme through the medium of Welsh and ensure that all services and promotional material meet the requirements of Welsh Language legislation
- To deliver the learn to swim programme and lifeguard as required by the Swim Manager and pool programme.
- To assist the Swim Manager with the development and promotion of an exciting, innovative pool programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To assume shift management responsibility for the centre to maximise the total performance of the centre and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
- To work closely with the Duty Activity Manager and Swim Manager to gain valuable experience and knowledge.
- It will be desirable that the post holder has a recognised qualification in Leisure Management, Sports Development or related subject.
- It is desirable that the post holder is a Welsh speaker
- The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge and skills in the Leisure or a related industry in a small/medium sized enterprise.
- Ideally a First Aid at Work Qualification and National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, although training will be given so are not essential.
- A level 2 teaching qualification is desirable and if not held to be aspired to as training will be given.
- A recognised Pool Plant Operators qualification is desirable or must be obtained within a set period if not held.
- Will be able to gain acceptance and respect from clients and the teams involved.
- Will be able to build strong relationships with customers, clients and employees.
- Will be able to communicate at different levels of the organisation, both listen and direct.
- Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Will be able to maintain and be committed to good employee relations and deliver quality training.
- Will be able to perform recreation assistant and swim teaching duties when required.
How to Apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV by clicking 'Apply'.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process.
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.