Operations Manager - Exeter, Devon
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Hotel Indigo Exeter, Exeter
Perched on the River Exe, in the historic centre of Exeter sits our newly developed boutique Hotel Indigo Exeter. Once described as the Jewel Of the West, Exeter is a place that inspires deep devotion, its culture, architecture and outlook drawing in the curious and rewarding them with a place to call home, whether for a weekend or a lifetime.
Alongside 104 beautifully designed bedrooms we also offer 3 unique Food & Beverage offerings: Colson's Seafood Bar and Grill provides a unique take on contemporary British cuisine. The Dugout is our upscale Sports Bar - the place to kick back and watch the biggest sporting events from around the globe and finally Becketts our skyline Champagne and Cocktail Bar with breath-taking views across cathedral green in the heart of Exeter, the experience at Becketts is unparalleled to anything the city has to offer. If that wasn't enough, we also feature a stunning urban Spa called The Retreat - so there really is something for everyone.
This could be your opportunity to work somewhere completely unique, somewhere where you can be yourself, talk about the stories of our wonderful neighbourhood and put your stamp on the ever-evolving brand that is Hotel Indigo.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Operations Manager to join our team. You’ll be responsible for running the day-to-day operations across the hotel. You’ll work closely with the General Manager to focus on driving sales, revenue and financially assessing all cost KPI’s across the hotel. More importantly, you’ll be the hotel's ambassador for customer satisfaction and service delivery – coaching the teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience. As Operations Manager, you’ll play a fundamental part in formulating and delivering the hotel’s strategy, delivering the highest standards of service throughout the property and monitoring the hotel’s sales performance against budgets for operational departments. You’ll always be looking at ways to improve and thinking of fresh new ideas.
You’ll be the go-to for each HOD, supporting them with daily operations and working with each of them to continuously improve their delivery and service. Each day will be different for you, one day you might be working with The People Team writing personal development plans and the next you’ll be leading an audit with the Maintenance Manager, ensuring all health and safety regulations are adhered too. This means you’ll need to be flexible and adaptable to business needs with top notch interpersonal and communications skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for an ambitions Operations Manager who aspires to be our next General Manager, you’ll be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best. Hotel experience is absolutely essential in this role so you’ll have worked in a 4/5* Hotel in an Operations Manager role or similar. You’ll need strong knowledge off all departments, particularly Food & Beverage. Experience of leading, managing and developing a successful team is also essential for this role. Taking lead of the day-to-day operations, you’ll need a forward thinking planned approach. You’ll need to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can-do approach to every task.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
- Heavily discounted Staff Room Rates at all Castlebridge properties for you and your friends and family, so everyone can enjoy a break away. Rates start from £50 per night, with breakfast included.
- 50% off your bill when you dine in one of our Restaurants or Bars.
- Fully funded Apprenticeship programme to develop your career without a reduction in your pay.
- Cycle to work scheme - save up to 40% on a wide range of bikes.
- Healthcare Cash Plans - dental, optical, medical and more available from just £1 per week.
- Referral schemes for referring your friends or family to join our team.
- Flexible shift patterns and contracts available to suit your lifestyle, we are 24/7 operation, meaning shift patterns to suit everyone.
- Monthly colleague recognition through our 5-Star Service rewards programme and monetary rewards for long service milestones.
- Use of Wagestream financial wellbeing platform, allowing you to access your pay as and when you need it.
- Employee Assistance Programme - free, confidential advice available 24/7 to you.
- An internal communications hub which acts as our very own social media platform, connecting you to your colleagues and the wider group in seconds.