Sommelier de Rang - Accommodation Available - Maidenhead, Berkshire
Cliveden is unique. One of the world's finest luxury 5* hotels, our grand stately home is set in the heart of the Berkshire countryside, surrounded by 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland and with wonderful panoramic views over the River Thames.
Sommelier de Rang
As a team member at Cliveden House, you are the reason that our guests keep coming back for more. Our Sommelier de Rang works as part of a team to serve our guests and create unforgettable experiences for them, exceeding expectations from breakfast right through to dinner, to ensure that every guest wants to return. You will:
- To liaise with the Head Sommelier on any vintage changes, special events and liquor requirements.
- To be confident that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Head Sommelier.
- To be fully conversant with the wine list, menus and beverage items in the hotel and to provide a confident explanation if requested.
- To promote, describe, and up sell items.
- To ensure that all guests' wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible. Showing passion and pride for the hotel
- To take ownership and ensure that all wines are transported to the Restaurant and that the wine station is clean and clear throughout the service.
- To liaise with the Head Sommelier to ensure and be confident that the preparations and mise en place are correct and to the standard set by the Company.
- To be confident to use guests' names at all times.
- To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times using your integrity.
- To be passionate about attending all trainings, briefings and meetings.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel's fire safety procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
What's In It For You?
- Service Charge paid monthly
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays
- Regular team events and appreciation days
- Staff accommodation
- Free team meals
- Uniform provided
- Awards of Excellence recognition
- Discount on Spa treatments and products
- 25% discount on all Food & Beverage
- Length of service gifts
- Team referral scheme
- Health cash plan
- Team rate at our Iconic Luxury Hotels
- Friends and Family rate at our Iconic Luxury Hotels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- …and so much more.
If you find the pace and buzz of service exciting and are looking to work with an incredible team, please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!