Assistant Astor Grill Restaurant Manager - Accommodation Available - Maidenhead, Berkshire
To drive the Restaurant forward by motivating the Team at all times, to increase profitability by reducing costs and wastage whilst increasing spends and business and to improve productivity by improving and maintaining the working environment.
- To take ownership and ensure a smooth running service is implemented and adhered to by all staff members by means of training and supervision.
- To look at new methods which can be utilised to improve standards and provide a consistent service.
- To be confident in the control, purchase and maintain levels and quality of silver, crockery, linen and dining room furniture through stock takes, cleaning rotas and regular spot checks.
- To ensure that training is carried out on the correct procedures for cleaning, cutlery polishing and burnishing and also correct use of chemicals. Whilst instilling a sense of pride and passion for the work.
- To provide a system of control of perishables used with the Restaurant that takes into account usage, par stock and cost of items.
- Highlighting teamwork whilst work alongside the Restaurant Manager on recruitment and induction programmes. This will ensure all new staff are settled in and shown all relevant information.
- To be passionate and to ensure that regular training is provided and recorded to ensure ongoing improvements.
- To regularly provide questionnaires to rate ongoing training.
- To take ownership for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility during your shift.
- Highlighting teamwork, to assist the Restaurant Manager in the preparation and presentation of training programmes, briefings and SOP's.
- To be respectful in reporting, monitoring or handling small disciplinary matters using your integrity.
- To be aware and confident of your product knowledge of all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guests' wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible. Showing passion and pride for the hotel
- To be confident that all staff call guests by their correct name and title.
- To assist with the Restaurant administration as allocated at the twice monthly Management meetings.
- To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times using your integrity.
- To take ownership that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at completion of each meal.
- To collate information and feedback while attending all staff briefings before each service.
- To report all comments/complaints/problems to the Restaurant Manager and Assistants, showing integrity and discretion.
- To be passionate about and assist in preparation, presentation and recording of training sessions.
- To maintain good communication between Kitchen/Restaurant and other departments on a daily basis re specials, shortages and special dietary requirements. Embracing the behaviours of Teamwork and Flexibility.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Restaurant Manager or his Assistants.
- All staff should be confident in understanding and executing the company's policies and procedures with respect to privacy, confidentiality and data protection.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel's Fire Safety Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
What's In It For You?
- Service Charge paid monthly
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays
- Regular team events and appreciation days
- Staff accommodation
- Free team meals
- Uniform provided
- Awards of Excellence recognition
- Discount on Spa treatments and products
- 25% discount on all Food & Beverage
- Length of service gifts
- Team referral scheme
- Health cash plan
- Team rate at our Iconic Luxury Hotels
- Friends and Family rate at our Iconic Luxury Hotels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- …and so much more.
If you find the pace and buzz of service exciting and are looking to work with an incredible team, please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!