Apprentice Commis Chef - Rugby What you'll be doing:
Based in the kitchen at Rugby School each apprentice will work closely with the Event Chef as each of the apprentices will support the events team. They will be mentored by the Contract Director and the Director of Food and managed daily by Event Chef. These 2 roles will strengthen the existing team and ensure we have the perfect team to service the expanding event business at the school. The event chef team will learn culinary techniques, hospitality kitchen production and event front line delivery.
- ensure all food preparation is carried out following company food hygiene procedures.
- prepare and cook food to the required standard. Checking for quality, taste and presentation.
- work quickly and efficiently.
- follow portion control, preparation and storage methods to prevent wastage and keep costs to a minimum.
- prepare and cook food making the minimum wastage.
- ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy.
There is no supervision of other staff. More about the role:
Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification, and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will either be attending college 1 day per week or you will learn 'in-unit'.You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction Day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work. What we'll give:
APPRENTICE COMMIS CHEF
SALARY: 10.42 per hour
LOCATION: Rugby School, Collingwood Centre, Barby Road, Rugby. CV22 5DZ
REPORTING TO: Head Chef
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7, earliest start 07:00 and latest finish 22:00
DURATION: Minimum 12-15 months
Do you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn? Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team at Rugby School.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12-15-month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Commis Chef. Who you are:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Good listening skills
- Passionate about food
- Some kitchen experience
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
- A good team player