Executive Sous Chef - The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa - Chester, Cheshire
Nelson Hotels & Inns are recruiting an Executive Sous Chef to assist in leading the kitchen brigade at the Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head Chef seeking a new challenge.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary package of up to 40k including TRONC (tips)!!!
- 30% Staff discount on food across all 5 Nelson Hotels & Inns sites
- Excellent work/life balance – a flexible rota to suit you
- Preferential discount on hotel stays across the Nelson Hotel & Inns group
- Uniform provided, free onsite parking & free food on shift!
- Nationally recognised qualifications & professional development
- Company pension scheme
- And so much more!
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, you are expected to lead from the front. You will promote team work and respectful working practises whilst providing the highest quality in all food offerings across the hotel. You will be required to assist in produce exciting and up-to-date menus, in keeping with the style and format of each outlet.
As an Executive Sous Chef you will be overseeing all areas of the business which will involve being hands on and maintain the highest of standards, while having a major focus on procurement and logistics due to the volume and variations of the day to day business which turns over in excess of £3 million a year of food revenue.
You will be expected to assist in overseeing all kitchen management responsibilities, including HACCP, COSSH, Calories and Allergens for example. You will also take responsibility along with the Executive Head Chef for the successful outcome of all visits by internal and external auditors.
The Executive Sous Chef must have a strong hospitality background to be able to deliver amazing food as well as continually developing the kitchen’s team to ensure that we are delivering exceptional service.
You will assist the financial control of the kitchen which involves working within key performance indicators.
Some key daily duties could include but are not restricted to;
- Monitoring the sales figures by menu item, reviewing the profitability and popularity of dishes on all menus and making changes where applicable in conjunction with senior management and Directors.
- Participating in ideas and menus for all events and functions working closely with senior management and the sales and marketing team.
- Supervising the kitchen brigade and being present/hands-on during key operational periods.
- Monitoring and managing the cleanliness of the kitchen ensuring compliance with all external and internal requirements.
- Overseeing the timely production of the kitchen rota whilst working within payroll targets.
- Utilising the in house software fully for purchasing and stock control to achieve GP target.
- Organising and supervising the training of kitchen staff, motivating all staff to increase skills in food preparation and kitchen management and ensuring all training given is accurately recorded.
- Working with HR on staff recruitment, appraisals and retention.
If the above sounds like the perfect ingredients for your next career move then we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person