Duty Manager - Farnham, Surrey
We are Places Leisure, a Real Living Wage Employer, part of the Places for People Group; we run leisure sites across the UK to help people stay active and live their best lives.
We want you to join the Places for People Group and the 11,000 other colleagues on our journey; colleagues who have helped to build, manage, maintain places that people are proud to call home and stay active in. How do we do all this? We surround ourselves with customer focussed people, fun people and passionate people. Our people live and breathe our SPIRIT values; we are the place for spirited people.
More about your role
This a varied and interesting role, as Duty Manager you will wear many hats! Such as managing, recruiting and training staff, dealing with customer's concerns, driving up memberships, preparing reports and attending meetings. You will represent the Places Leisure and you will need to be a motivated individual who will take on responsibility to lead a team and ensure the efficient day to day running of the centre.
You will need a flexible approach to work being open to working shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
For more information please download our job profile available on our website.
More about you
With this role you will be managing a large team, so previous experience in a supervisory/management capacity within a leisure facility would be desirable. As a Duty Manager you will become one of our registered first aiders and therefore first aid experience would set you apart from other candidates. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service and leadership skills.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.