Product Development Manager (Health and Nutrition) - Leeds
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Financial & Support jobs, Head Office Support Staff, Travel & Culture, Administration & Support, IT
- Job Type
- Full Time
Product Development Manager - Health and Nutrition
Are you an experienced product development manager looking to work for a fast moving, innovative and inspiring retailer?
Are you looking for a new career change?
We have an great opportunity for an established new product development manager, developer, senior technologist or innovation chef/manager with a passion and interest in health and nutrition. This role will work closely with the nutrition and brand team to develop a cross category range focusing on our customers health and nutrition. This is a 12 month - fixed term contract.
What you will be doing:
- Be accountable to ensure innovation & product development is driven in specific product areas to deliver newness & incremental sales
- Demonstrates a strong working relationship with their buyer and customer planner proactively supporting the Own Brand strategy delivery for their teams product area
- Attending product panel's for NPD, EPD, Pre-production & launch.
- Leading brand panel presentation and articulating their proposition clearly representing their mini POD
- Aware of market newness in retail, independent and foodservice, proactively seeking out and circulating to stakeholders as well as applying to their products ongoing development
- Is at the forefront of category plans, actively contributes on category strategy process and is known by the team for as the product and innovation expert
- Accountable for NPD spec review and submission, clearly and effectively instructing and delegating EPD spec review and submission to Junior Developer, attending critical path production meetings prepared to communicate with prior notice of any delays to the process and with solutions provided
- Ensures the necessary legal requirements in terms of labelling are met and that suppliers comply with Asda's technical nutritional, legislative and packaging policies.
- Actively attends workshops and training to ensure product knowledge development accountability for all projects in their area
- Accountable for brief creation process
- Is an Own Brand Ambassador supporting internal/external PR events, including Exec Walk rounds, Product Showcases, PR days and nominations for awards
Work Where it Works -
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week
In return you will receive an exceptional benefits package including -
- Car Allowance
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount with extra discount days run throughout the year
- Free city centre parking
- Corporate perks including discounted gym memberships, insurances etc.
- Plus much more!
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert