Finance Assistant - Droitwich, Worcestershire
Parkwood Leisure Head Office - Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire.
Full Time, Permanent, flexible/hybrid options available.
Voted ukactive’s Outstanding Organisation of the Year in 2022, award winning Parkwood Leisure is one of the leading leisure management companies, operating 90 leisure, golf and culture facilities throughout the UK.
Based at our head office in Droitwich, our Finance department is on the hunt for a Finance Assistant to join our central support team.
Our finance department has a proven track record for staff training, development and support and we offer free parking, flexible/hybrid working options, study support and access to a local leisure facility as part of our generous package.
We are looking for an adaptable experienced transactional Finance Assistant. Our Transactions Department includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Revenues and is a varied and fast paced environment to work in.
Primary objectives and responsibilities for the Finance Assistant will be:
- Working with the Transactions Team Leaders to ensure cover in the following areas:
- Purchase Ledger - including processing of Invoices and dealing with queries
- Cash & Banking Reconciliation - including reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
- Credit Control - including chasing debts due and dealing with queries.
- Financial System Interfaces - including the importing of EPOS and invoicing system transactions into the finance system
- Providing training support to our operational teams
- Ongoing monitoring of internal processes, recommending improvements as appropriate
- Ability to process data accurately within deadlines
- Able to work with a high degree of independence and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Motivated by responsibility and targets, enjoys and values good results
- Strong communication skills, able to build and maintain effective relationships with non-finance stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- IT proficient, with good spreadsheet skills
- Must have a hands on approach and commercial attitude
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Incremental annual leave
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Use of local corporate gym membership
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
About Parkwood Leisure Parkwood Leisure was established over 20 years ago and is now one of the UK's leading operators of publicly owned leisure facilities. Working with Legacy and Lex Leisure, we’re a company that’s proud to deliver a first-class service to each of the facilities we manage and is committed to working with local communities to make a difference and provide a healthier and happier lifestyle to the communities we serve.