Wedding and Events Sales Coordinator - Aldwickbury Park Golf Club - Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Aldwickbury Park Golf Club is part of BGL Golf (Burhill Group Ltd), one of the largest owners and operators of golf facilities in the UK and privately owned by the Guinness Family.
We are currently seeking suitable candidates for an exciting full-time role based at our popular and friendly golf club / function venue in Harpenden.
If you have a proven track record in Wedding and Event Sales / Co-ordination or are looking to take a new step in your career, we would love to hear from you!
- Working within the Sales Team to achieve monthly and annual sales targets.
- Meeting with wedding couples and event organisers to accomplish the sale, organisation and set-up of weddings and large functions on a weekly basis.
- Arranging appointments and following up in person, over the phone and through email.
- Training on the prospecting and booking systems will be provided, a responsibility to maintain a thorough knowledge will be required.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Handling and converting enquiries to company standards through telephone and email, with aims of creating appointments to attain sales.
- Touring prospective clients around the venue fulfilling the criteria set out on the Tour Assessment Form and maximising upselling opportunities.
- Contacting/meeting event organisers and wedding couples to confirm final details and take payments in line with expectations.
- Book and update suppliers to match final details prior to events.
- Contact customers after events to get feedback and encourage repeat bookings within a 48-hour period.
- Liaising with the food and beverage team clearly, thoroughly preparing for events using function sheets and attending weekly operations meetings.
- Support with the creation and running of internal wedding fayres.
- Update the golf clubs' social media for awareness and sales purposes.
- Booking and finalising Christmas party nights, including creating place cards, table plans, collecting food choices and chasing final balances.
- Conducting outreach and generating new leads in the local area and suggesting methods by which this can be achieved.
- Utilising prospect and booking systems accurately and correctly.
- In the absence of the Golf Sales Advisor meet and greet golf day organisers and follow up to encourage re-booking.
- Contribute ideas in team meetings and planning meetings.
- Chase deposits and signed terms and conditions forms in line with the company procedures.
- Efficient handover of all events to the Food and Beverage team, including the final meeting and handover of the Bride and Groom.
- Know the product and ensure that all documentation is accurate and detailed.
- Adhere to the Key performance indicators set by the Sales Manager.
- Complete allergens training and adhere to the company standard with regards to food allergens.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: 20-24k basic DOE, 26-31k OTE
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types: