Receptionist / Front of House - Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer - Merthyr Tydfil
Salary: Up to £10.42 per hour
Parkwood Leisure and its subcontractors currently operate 87 leisure and culture facilities throughout the UK and employ 4,200 staff. Parkwood Leisure is one of the leading leisure management companies in the UK with managed revenue in excess of £80m per annum.
We’re a company that’s proud to deliver a first-class service to each of the facilities we manage and is committed to working with local communities to make a difference and provide a healthier and happier lifestyle to the communities we serve. The Company prides itself on its exemplary health and safety record and commitment to staff.
- To act as the first point of contact for customers coming into, calling or emailing the Centre.
- To ensure that all customers and guests are received in a friendly, polite and service friendly manner.
- To take bookings, handle cash, answer enquiries via telephone, in person or by email
- Take payments through the till system for the self service cafe, day activities and all other possible transactions
- Should hold GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above, or a similar qualification.
- The main requirement will be strong interpersonal skills and a friendly disposition.
- Demonstrate computer literacy skills.
- Hold a food hygiene certificate or be prepared to undertake this.
- Will be able to operate tills and be competent in a variety of computer programmes.
- Will be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Will be able to demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff.
- Will have a high standard of hygiene
- Will be able to demonstrate clear identification with all customer requirements.
- Will be able to use own initiative, to follow procedures and work to deadlines.
- Be able and willing to acquire job related knowledge.
- Be friendly, enthusiastic, confident, flexible and well presented with a positive attitude.
- Will understand the company ethos and develop a strong understanding of the workings and activities carried out at the centre.
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
About Parkwood Leisure
Parkwood Leisure was established over 20 years ago and is now one of the UK's leading operators of publicly owned leisure facilities. Working with Legacy and Lex Leisure, we’re a company that’s proud to deliver a first-class service to each of the facilities we manage and is committed to working with local communities to make a difference and provide a healthier and happier lifestyle to the communities we serve.