Maintenance Assistant - Slapton, Kingsbridge, Devon
Field Studies Council Slapton, Kingsbridge, Devon
£10.66 - £11.31 per hour, dependent on experience
Excellent Benefits Package!
16 hours per week / Permanent
Join our team and love where you work!
What you’ll be doing
As our Maintenance Assistant you will assist with the overall maintenance and improvements of the learning location buildings and grounds. As well as being responsible for carrying out routine Health and Safety monitoring, checks and record keeping.
This is a busy, active role and will require you to be able to carry out duties associated with maintenance work, including manual handling tasks, e.g., moving, and operating equipment and tools.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
Where you’ll be based
Field Studies Council Slapton is located within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to Field Sites in Dartmoor National Park. We maintain two residential centres (Slapton Ley and Start Bay) in the coastal village of Slapton, as well as Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve.
Start Bay is very popular with primary schools and self-catering, providing exclusive use for groups of up to 40 visitors. Whereas Slapton Ley is very popular with larger GCSE, A Level and University groups and can accommodate up to 120 visitors.
Who we’re looking for
You will need to have a full driving license and some relevant work experience, in addition to:
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
Sound like the role for you? We look forward to receiving your application!
- Holidays – pro rata of 28 days + bank holidays + a further 2 extra loyalty days dependent on length of service
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on 7 April 2023.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews will take place at Field Studies Council Slapton at a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.