Gardener - Southampton, Hampshire
Flexible working, approximately 20-30 hours per week
£10 per hour
We are searching for a competent and reliable gardener to maintain our company gardens. You will be responsible for all general maintenance tasks related to the garden including planting new trees, servicing garden machinery, conducting regular pruning and advising management of cost-effective methods. This would be covered over two sites in the New Forest Area over approx. 20-30 hours.
To succeed in this role, you should be physically fit and able to manage small machinery. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional and possess knowledge of effective gardening techniques.
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as lawn mowers and strimmer’s.
- Ensure the Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
What’s in it for me:
- Discounts across our properties
- Opportunity for progression within the group as we look for growth & expansion
- Onsite parking, meals on duty and a range of other benefits including birthday vouchers, cash rewards on job anniversary