Restaurant Manager - The Market Porter - Borough, London
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
Our legendary pub, The Market Porter - Borough, is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join the team. Downstairs you have a wonderful, traditional pub that is loved by locals & visitors daily... Then upstairs is our delightful restaurant and dining room that has glorious views over Brough Market... it is a gem that always ensures that our customers have a wonderful experience.
Our Head Chef refuses to use anything but the finest ingredients, creating menus to suit all & delivers the greatest homemade dishes.
With a fantastic drinks menu and spectacular service - it really is a place to be proud of... and we are!
If you love being a Restaurant Manager, or if you are a Restaurant Supervisor looking for your first manager role then get in touch. We are looking for a passionate peoples person with a genuine love of food & service.
We offer lots of autonomy, support and of course laughter! Reporting to our General Manager, Tony (who is a legend himself) you will develop skills, have creative freedom and an encouraging supporter!
What we offer
- Management development through Watershed (Independent school for restaurant business)
- Training with qualifications of BTECH available
- Camden town brewery beer school placement available
- WSET levels 1 & 2 available
- Annual trips
- Free meal on duty
- 25% off food and drinks across all 12 of our pubs
- Incentives & recognition
- Bi - Annual Staff party and team events
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Supplier Training - learn about your produce enjoy some tastings
- E-Learning – Flow modules that are certified
- Pension Scheme Access to wages early – early pay
- Employee assistance through the Licence Trade Charity
The role & requirements
We are looking for a dedicated, service focused Restaurant Manager who has the confidence to run the restaurant, build on sales & train their team.
- Customer service experience – truly delivers
- Confident in talking with customers
- Experienced in hiring & training staff to high standards
- Working with the General manager & Head chef of creating menus and event menus
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety
- Have commercial awareness and understanding
- Wonderful communication skills and a positive outlook on life
The company – Market Taverns
We are a collection of 12 charming British pubs located in the heart of London, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere with a selection of award-wining ales, fine wines and delicious seasonal British fare.
If you like one, you'll most certainly love the rest. Each of our locations has it's own individual character and unique feel.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Restaurant Manager, then please send through your CV
Due to the number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position including settlement status.